This year (2022) alone, I have created 100+ content briefs for SaaS, B2B industry blogs, service businesses, affiliate sites, and more.
So, in this guide, I will share every detail that goes into making a content brief focused on improved UX, higher rankings, conversions (even for B2B businesses), and low time-to-value.
After reading this guide, you will have answers to the following questions:
- What headings should a blog article include?
- How to study SERP for creating a content outline?
- How to promote my business offerings in the article without being too promotional?
- What should be the average length of the article?, and MORE.
Let’s get started.
What does a content outline mean?
A content outline or brief document helps writers understand what to write about and how to structure the article's information.
The content outline document includes guidelines regarding the following:
- What subheadings to cover
- Target audience
- Target and semantically related keywords
- What should be the angle of the article
- Which CTA to include, etc.
(More on real content brief examples are discussed later in the guide).
Steps of creating a content brief/outline
Let's understand the content research process and plan your content briefs.